Senior Programme Manager - Commercialization of Biofortified Crops
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is searching for an experienced Senior Programme Manager to oversee and implement the GAIN and HarvestPlus Commercialization of Biofortified Crops initiative globally.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
The Senior Programme Manager will manage GAIN’s engagement with our partner organisations, specifically around commercialization and marketing of biofortified crops. They will bring excellent program management skills, overseeing the strategy and implementation of this exciting multi-donor, multi-country project in partnership with other organisations. Role specifics include;
- Co-lead, with our Partner, the development of a detailed workplan to support the commercialization of biofortified crops in Asia and Africa, clarifying how GAIN and our Partner will ensure impact, scale, and sustainability in a small number of strategically selected geographies.
- Oversight of the design and implementation of business planning services to strengthen the performance of enterprises along the supply chain that produce, store, aggregate, transport, wholesale, transform/manufacture, and retail biofortified products.
- Work closely with GAIN’s Knowledge Leadership and our Partner’s MEL groups to ensure monitoring, evaluation and learning takes place within the commercialization activities
- Coordinate with and report to the partnership donors.
- Contribute towards the development of new business opportunities for GAIN and our Partner to generate additional funding for the commercialization of biofortified crops.
To be considered for this role, you will need to evidence demonstrable success in managing multi-country, multi-donor and multi-partner consortium projects of £10M USD (or equivalent) or more. You must be able to demonstrate excellent strategic and diplomatic abilities to effectively represent GAIN and our partners. You should have recognised expertise in market strengthening and product development and have the ability to operate within both public and private sector environments, specifically in relation to food enterprises, development agencies and governments at a senior level.
In return, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, private medical insurance, a generous leave allowance, flexible working and professional development opportunities within a supportive, collaborative and innovative working environment.
This role is offered on an initial one year fixed term contract.
For more detailed information about the role please see the attached job description.
To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link and complete the application in full.
Early applications are encouraged and GAIN reserves the right to close the application window before the specified date.
Please note that GAIN does not currently sponsor working visas.