- Washington, DC
- Job Advert
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is pleased to be recruiting for a Research Analyst to provide analytical support for several key projects. This role will be based from Washington, DC.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Research Analyst will provide assistance to several projects that require analytical support. This will be a Postdoctoral Researcher position, which will entail literature review, data acquisition and cleaning, statistical analysis and interpretation in support of several projects. The position is for one year with the possibility to extend pending funding.
Role specifics include;
- Conduct literature review of existing data on micronutrient deficiencies and prevalence of inadequate intakes.
- Data acquisition and cleaning from diverse data sources
- Conduct statistical analysis using varying methodologies – complex and simple
- Use dietary intake data, household consumption and expenditure data, food balance sheets and food composition data to model prevalence of inadequate intake of seminal micronutrients
- Provide support to KL team as needed on research and evaluation activities
- Ensure effective project management for delivery of projects / project components in time and budget
You will have strong statistical analysis skills, including Bayesian statistics and multilevel modeling. Expertise in data imputation will be required, along with an understanding of Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods. A relevant doctoral degree is required for this position with additioanl experience working with biochemical, dietary, food expenditure, food availability, food composition, and nutrient requirement data
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more information please see the attached job description. To apply, click the "apply now" link.
- Job Description
- Closing Date
- 26 Jan 2020