Deputy Country Director, Mozambique
- Maputo, Mozambique
- Job Advert
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Deputy Country Director to oversee all the financial, human resources, communications, security and administrative/logistical operations carried out by the GAIN office based in Maputo, Mozambique.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
As Deputy Country Director, you will be responsible of the strategic and effective management of the operational aspects of the Mozambique business plan while overseeing the performance of organizational systems and ensuring partnership building on operational issues. Role specifics include;
- Support the planning and monitor the implementation of the country business plan, including the annual review and annexed agendas to support the vision set out in the country strategy.
- Support the development of a proposed annual budget and ensure the timely submission of financial reports, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the country office.
- Oversee systems and business processes for finance, contracts, facilities and IT that are integrated and aligned with organizational guidelines and requirements.
- Oversee the operational management of human resources, working closely with the HR officer and other senior managers to provide an approach to human resource management that meets the needs of GAIN in Mozambique.
- Provide operational support to project managers to ensure high quality implementation of programmes.
- Lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of the security plan with the security committee in line with GAIN’s security policy and procedure. Ensure the development of security plans and protocols for base and project locations.
You will have strong leadership and team management skills, along with excellent negotiation and communication skills. You will have excellent stakeholder management, with the ability to operate within corporate and public sectors to effectively liaise with private companies, development agencies and governments.
Practical working experience in leadership and management experience in a multi-cultural environment at international level in the private sector or with development organizations is essential. You should also have extensive working experience in operational management in international development or humanitarian sector.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment. Additional country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
The role is open to applications until 6th April 2020. GAIN reserves the right to close this role early and early applications are encouraged.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Job Description
- Closing Date
- 6 Apr 2020