District Technical Coordinator (Nutrition Governance), LEAN
- Any of CHT district (Rangamati), Bangladesh
- Job Advert
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is searching for a District Technical Coordinator to provide technical support to the `Leadership to Ensure Adequate Nutrition` (LEAN) project in the remote Chattogram Hill Tracts (CHT) of Bangladesh. This role is offered on a full-time fixed term contract ending in January 2022.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people.
Over the past years, GAIN has implemented the LEAN project to improve maternal and child nutrition by creating an enabling environment for improved and sustained pro-poor nutrition security service delivery and awareness to address the problem of malnutrition in the CHT areas. The District Technical Coordinator will collaborate with government stakeholders to establish nutrition governance process and will support the project implementation on the ground, following the project guidelines. Specific responsibilities include;
- Maintain close relationships with the relevant district and sub-district level government line agencies for increasing responsiveness of duty bearers at CHT.
- With the guidance from Technical Coordinator, facilitate district and sub-district level nutrition coordination committees and respective departments and LGIs in order to allocate budget for nutrition activities in Annual Development Plan and Budget.
- Support the development of a detailed implementation plan for the assigned district aligning with agreed work plan, timeline and milestone.
- Ensure that the monitoring system is effective in place for achieving agreed project targets and milestones at all levels.
Candidates for this position must have demonstrable professional experience working in project coordination and experience liaising with external partners and agencies such as governments or contractors. Additionally, they will be able to evidence good advocacy and coordination skills to work with government counterparts. Candidates for this role should also prove an understanding of the socio-economic, political and cultural context of different ethnic communities of CHT.
For further information about the role, please see the attached job description. To submit an application, please click on the "apply now" link, ensuring that you provide all information requested. Incomplete application forms cannot be considered.
The role is open to applications until 8th April 2020. GAIN reserves the right to close this role early and early applications are encouraged. Please note that candidates must have existing right to work in Bangladesh to be considered.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Job Description
- Closing Date
- 8 Apr 2020