Program Monitoring and Improvement Manager
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking Program Monitoring and Improvement Manager to lead programme monitoring across the GAIN Nigeria project portfolio.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
Program Monitoring and Improvement Manager is responsible for leading programme monitoring across the GAIN Nigeria portfolio of projects and ensuring that the learnings from monitoring and research are used to make improvements to programmes and to strengthen strategy. The post holder will provide senior technical support to the project teams to design, coordinate and implement the monitoring framework of the country programme.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop or improve programme theories of change and results frameworks and plans in collaboration with project managers in Nigeria, the Knowledge Leadership (KL) and Programmes Services (PST) teams and implementing partners.
- Oversee the in-country monitoring activities for all programmes and provide regular project status updates with critical analyses and possible solutions.
- Review and interpret monitoring data as part of preparation for GAIN’s performance and donor reports and ensure quality of project reports aligning with the theory of change and results framework.
- Serve as GAIN focal point in the Nigeria office for experts from government, key development partners, I/NGOs and civil society partners.
- in collaboration with the KL team, provide coordination and oversight for research implementing partners, ensuring milestones are met, reviewing progress reports, and advising on disbursements of funds.
- Supervise the Programme Monitoring and Improvement Associate as well as other country office staff engaged in programme monitoring.
Candidates for this position should have a deep understanding of programme design and monitoring tools, their application and quality assurance. Alongide this, you will also attain the skills to design, collect and analyse monitoring data and interpret implications for programme learning and improvement.
- A minimum of Master’s in nutrition, Data sciences, Public Health or related field.
- Substantial experience in the public health and/or nutrition sector, with expertise in programme monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in critical analysis skills to extract key learning and effective practices from programme monitoring and its application to programme improvement.
About our offer
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
This advert closes on 11th April 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.