Administration, Logistics and Procurement Associate
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an Administration, Logistics and Procurement Associate to support the day-to-day activities of all local logistics and procurement of goods and services of the Ethiopia country office. This role will be on 3 years fixed-term contract, subject to availability of funding. This position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Administration, Logistic and Procurement Associate will serve as a primary contact and procurement lead of the country office.
You will work closely with the Finance officer, Project Managers and Senior Program and Assistant in the country office and provide support to them in handling administrative, logistics and procurement activities.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Preparing procurement plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies for the office and projects and monitor the procurement process
- Organising the procurement tracking system and supporting the program and management team with up-to-date and reliable information on the procurement status
- Researching and evaluating potential suppliers and maintaining professional relationships with existing vendors and suppliers
- Maintaining accurate filing systems and ensuring that all procurements of goods are managed, tracked and recorded in collaboration with Office Assistant/Storekeeper
- Assisting the country office teams in the preparation of specifications, bill of quantities, TORs for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Performing timely clearance of goods from the customs by working with clearing agents, relevant government partners and timely processing and follow up of relevant government exemptions
- Organising transportation needs either for personnel, goods, or services in conjunction with the Head of Operations and Senior Program and Administrative Assistant
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in a logistics and procurement role or similar position preferably in international NGO. You should be a strong team player and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the ability to apply a high level of flexibility.
The postholder should have exceptional communication and negotiation skills and have strong IT skills in MS Office programs. In addition to this, you must have working knowledge of English and Amharic (both verbal and written).
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment. You should have strong attention to detail and able to work well under pressure. A Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Procurement, Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a relevant field or qualification would be an additional advantage.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from ETB 498,696 – ETB 570,456 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
This advert closes on 14th August 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Ethiopia. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas and relocation.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.